Important Safety Information:
Abrasives used improperly can be dangerous. For safe operation ALWAYS follow the safety information printed on each product and on the safety guides provided. We are also providing the following additional safety information to help answer any safety questions you may have.
Access safety articles and best practices
Download our safety guides in PDF format:
Safety Guide 1 Safety Guide 2
Be sure to follow all safety guidelines as outlined in the ANSI B7.1. View the PDF for more information.
To find an MSDS for a particular abrasive compound please use our online MSDS Finder.
For more information on product safety, ask your Norton distributor for these publications and DVD’s:
• ANSI B7.1 "Safety Requirements for the Use, Care and Protection of Abrasive Wheels"
• ANSI B7.7 "Safety Requirements for Abrading Materials with Coated Abrasive Systems"
• OSHA and literature provided by the grinding wheel and machine manufacturer
• Other applicable regulations
• You can watch and download our safety videos or request copies from our literature center
If you have safety related questions, please contact the Saint-Gobain Product Safety Department at telephone 508-795-2317, fax 508-795-5120, or your Norton representative.