Best – General Purpose Hand Pads
- General Purpose pads with finer grit size and improved grain adhesion for double the cut rate; no color bleeding when working with solvents
- 847 General Purpose pad with perforations allowing for a smooth, shred-free split to create two smaller, easy-to-use 4-1/2" x 6" pads
Good – Bear-Tex Hand Pads
- Flexible; conform to work surface
- Gentle action easily removes flashing or burrs without affecting dimension of workpiece
- Non-loading; constant supply of new cutting edges
- Non-rusting; no workpiece contamination
- Resilient construction for long life, increased productivity; solvent resistant; waterproof
- Easily cut to desired size; reduces waste
- 696 Food Pro pad has no color transfer, meets FDA/USDA/Canadian food industry standards
- 914 Gold Clear Blend Prep pad is loftier and softer than competitors’ and conforms to contours better, and produces finest finishes; scratch pattern equal to 1,200 grit and finer
- 748 Final Shine pad is softer acting, more flexible, with uniform abrasive dispersion, making it more conformable to contours; produces finer finishes, and less aggressive; for defuzzing wood, light deburring, final rubbing. Consistent polishing action.
Please see the Norton Catalog - Bear-Tex Hand Pads PDF file, located in Related Documents in the right hand navigation column of this page, for complete list of specifications for this product.
Norton Bear-Tex products are non-metallic so they won’t rust or contaminate workpieces, and are an ideal replacement for steel wool.