- Proprietary Vortex aluminum oxide abrasive grain and coating method
- Most consistent cutting and finishing of surface conditioning products on the market
- Combines fast cutting speed with the finish of finer grits
- Reduce process times by 50+% by combining multiple grit sequences to 1 step in a
- More resistant to edge wear; up 4X life vs. competitive products
- Friable grain structure keeps Ra specs throughout disc life and reduces scrap and rework
- Color-coded grit sizes for easy identification
- New resin system is aerospace-tailored
- Extended form holding for the lowest total cost of consumable tooling per workpiece
Please see the Norton Catalog - Non-woven Discs PDF file, located in Related Documents in the right hand navigation column of this page, for complete list of specifications for this product.
- For removing 60 to 120 grit grindlines – use coarse grit (brown)
- For removing 120 to 180 grit grindlines – use medium grit (maroon)
- For removing 180 to 320 grit grindlines – use very fine grit (blue)
Norton Bear-Tex products are non-metallic so they won’t rust or contaminate workpieces, and are an ideal replacement for steel wool.